Sunday, April 11, 2021

Belated Birthdays are fun

My wife celebrates her birthday in March but things were pretty hectic with us around then so she decided to delay it until things slowed a bit. Turns out last night was the night.

We packed ourselves (my wife, my daughter and myself) up & went out for some fancy drinks and a very nice dinner at a local establishment. We didn't get home until after 8:00 so that is why you got a brief posting last night.


When I got home last night and settled onto my couch, I turned on my tv to see the Red Sox / Orioles were tied 2-2 in the fifth inning. The Red Sox went up 3-2 in the sixth but the Orioles went up 4-3 in the eighth. It looked bleak for a bit until the Red Sox tied it 4-4 in the ninth and then won it 6-4 in the tenth.

Here's the problem with everything I just typed: I didn't actually see anything beyond the seventh inning. I fell asleep on my couch in the middle of the eighth inning and woke up in the middle of Cora's post-game interview.

Oh well, at least they won.

Which is something they also did today as well...

The Red Sox officially made up for being swept by the Orioles by sweeping the Orioles this afternoon.

Todays final score was 14-9 with Pivetta going 6 innings and earning the win. This gives the Red Sox a six-game winning streak going into their four-game series against the Twins.

And I know that they are only 9 games into this 162-game season and things will change numerous times over the next several months but I feel the need to post this:

The Red Sox hold a two-game lead over every team in their division. Despite losing their first three games, that's not a bad start to the season.


Time for me to feed the four-legged creatures.

While I do that, you should look into these links:

No comments: