Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Good day to be a Boston sports fan

Last night, the Bruins beat the Flyers 4-2, increasing their point lead over the Flyers and the Islanders to five points.

Also last night, the Red Sox beat the Rays 6-5 in a twelve inning game that I managed to watch right up until the start of the tenth inning. Then I said the hell with it and went to bed. When I woke up this morning, I discovered that the Martinez managed to hit a double in the bottom of the twelfth that gave the Red Sox the win.

This afternoon, the Red Sox finished up their three-game series against the Rays by sweeping them. The game was on at 1:00 on Youtube (I'll get to that shit in a minute...) and Evoldi pitched a hell of a game. He gave the Red Sox seven strong innings, allowing only three hits and one earned run. After Evoldi, Taylor came in for the eighth and ninth innings, giving up two hits and one earned run.

The game ended with the Red Sox winning 9-2.

Tomorrow, the Red Sox head to Baltimore to take on the Orioles and hopefully they get revenge for the three-game sweep the orioles put on them last week. As for the Bruins, they take on the division-leading Capitals tomorrow and they need the win. They need to stay in fourth place if they want to make the playoffs.


Let's talk about the decision to put the Red Sox game on Youtube.

I realize that Google, who owns Youtube, probably paid a lot of money to MLB, the Red Sox and the Rays carry that game but I don't care. It sucked.

Yes, we have a smart television so I was able to stream it on a large screen tv but at least three times during the broadcast, it buffered for 10 or 15 seconds and each time, it was when something good was happening.

Also, the Youtube commentators spent a lot of time on-screen, talking about some Youtube trophy, showing pictures of the trophy, talking about the Red Sox "city connection" jerseys (see yesterday's post about those pieces of crap) or just talking about themselves.

Attention Google/Youtube: I did not put on the ball game so I could watch John Smoltz (who I like), I put on the game so I could watch the game. I don't care about some piss-ant Youtube trophy, I care about Hernandez making nice catch & throw to first to put a guy out.


Last May, almost one year ago, I set up a new DVR recording.

Due to the 'rona, it has never been activated.

Until this past Monday:

For the first time in almost a year, I'm gonna watch curling!!!


While I spend my evening watching three hours of curling, you can click on these:

No comments: