Wednesday, April 14, 2021

I was wrong

When I said that the games today may cause trouble for fans because of the 7:00pm curfew, I forgot that Minneapolis is one hour behind us and what is 7:00 for us is actually 6:00 for them. Looks like todays games won't cause any trouble for the Twins fans.


Speaking of the Red Sox, they won the first game of the double-header. They beat the Twins 3-2.

Evoldi pitched a decent game, going 5 of the 7 innings, giving up 5 hits and 2 earned runs. I'm thinking he is in pretty good form and I really hope he stays that way through the entire 162 game season. Historically, he ends up on the DL mid-season...

As for the hitters, they should have had a lot more than three runs because they got eleven hits. The problem is that they left a lot of men in scoring position at the third out. And that is an ongoing problem with the Red Sox. They always seem to leave runners in scoring position. If they can figure out how to move the guy from second or third to home plate before the third out, they'll win a lot more games.

The second game isn't going as well. It's currently the 5th inning and the Red Sox are down 1-0. That needs to change.


I get the best spam...

I received this wonderful email message today and it made me smile so I thought I'd share it with you:

Looks like I'll finally be able to retire!


The Bruins won last night in a shoot-out so they picked up two points. They are still kind of shaky, being six points behind the Penguins and only four points ahead of the Flyers.

They need more wins in regulation because they get three points for each win in regulation. In case you didn't notice, three points is more than one or two points.


While I watch game two of this first double-header of the season, you can click on these:

No comments: