Friday, April 9, 2021

I made it through all 3 periods

I managed to stay awake long enough to watch the Bruins beat the Capitals 4-2 last night an I'm glad I did.

It was a hell of a hockey game with a lot of back & forth between the two teams.

They are in Philadelphia tomorrow to take on the Flyers at 2:00pm.

The Red Sox are off until 7:00 tomorrow so I guess tomorrow will be a sporting day for me.


I have 20 days left till the end of April in which to schedule and complete my BFR (biannual flight review). I'm not entirely sure what happens to my license if I miss the BFR but I don't want to find out so I guess I better get that done.

For the record, this review is not a standardized test, it is simply a one hour flight with a flight instructor to work on things you feel you need to work on, demonstrate to the instructor that you haven't completely forgotten how to fly and give the instructor an opportunity to evaluate your basic skills.

I'll schedule something with my instructor next week. We'll go flying around the valley working on landings, steep turns, slow flight and maybe some stalls.


I'm thinking of getting a Amazon FireTV stick for my non-smart (aka "dumb") tv so I can stream my video services on it. If you have an opinion about that particular product and you know my email address, feel free to let me know.

Here are today's links:

No comments: