Monday, April 19, 2021

They split the series

Evoldi pitched a great game and Red Sox came out swinging the bats.

At one point in the 7th inning, the White Sox ended up using position players as pitchers. The first one was their designated hitter, Mercedes, who threw a pretty good pitch. He was lighting the gun up at 85mph and hitting the corners every once in a while. In the 8th, they sent in their second baseman, Mendick, who threw a blistering 60mph. Now 60 sounds like little league speeds but he managed to strike out Cordero because no one in the majors can hit a baseball that is going 60mph.

The game ended with the Red Sox beating the White Sox 11-4

Tomorrow starts a two game series against the Blue Jays.


NASA managed to fly an aircraft on the planet Mars this morning and I was able to watch it live over the internet on my laptop while I was sitting on my couch. And the image was crystal clear.

That, to me, is pretty amazing.

I'm not a futurist so I don't have good prediction skills but being able to fly on Mars means that when people finally make the trip there, they might not have to crawl around on slow vehicles. They may be able to flit from location to location with almost no effort.

That might not generate any special discoveries but it will certainly have a high coolness factor.

And for the record, the FAA has designated the takeoff and landing area on Mars as a recognized airfield and given it the designation IGY, for Ingenuity. This means that technically, it's possible for me to file an instrument flight plan between Bradley Airport (KBDL) and Mars (KIGY).


There is no hockey and I have no curling DVRs. This means I'll have to entertain myself by watching some of my other DVRs.

Here are a few links that you might enjoy:

No comments: