Monday, April 12, 2021

No baseball today

Because the city of Minneapolis is in the midst of civil unrest, the Twins decided to postpone today's game. They said they did it to honor the memory of some guy killed last night but I call bullshit. If they really did it to honor the memory of some guy, they wouldn't have waited until 10 minutes before the game starts to suddenly postpone it, they would have announced the postponement before the fans showed up.

My guess is that 15 or 20 minutes before game start, something happened or something was said that frightened someone and they decided to postpone the game. Why they decided to lie about the reason is a mystery to me.

Since there is no hockey this evening, my sports fix will have to be fulfilled by the curling that was DVR'd last night


The other day, my car developed a little problem. When I turned on my right turn signal, the high beams also turned on. This was not a good thing for my fellow drivers who were driving towards me in the opposite lane.

Yesterday afternoon, I took the turn signal / high beam control arm out of the steering column and took it apart. All seemed fine but to be honest with you, if there was any wear on the plastic moving parts, I probably wouldn't notice it unless it was pretty severe.

I cleaned the contacts, checked the connections, put it back together and put it back into the steering column.

This morning, all was well until I hit a bump and the high beams turned on. I managed to turn them off but the minute I used the turn signal, the high beams turned on. Put those two things together and my best guess is something inside is worn and become loose. Everytime that particular worn part is jostled, it completes the circuit and the high beams come on.

The solution? Buy a new turn signal control arm.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you can buy anything on Amazon.


I'm going to figure out what to have for dinner and then watch some curling.

While I do that, you can visit these:

No comments: