Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Interesting game today

Monday's postponement is scheduled to be played on Wednesday, immediately after the 2:10 game. This means that both games will now be seven inning long.

Given that Minneapolis is under a 7:00pm curfew, I'm not sure what the fans are going to do since the second game will probably start around 5:00 / 5:30 and will probably go past 7:00pm

As for today's game, it was snowing:

If you've never hit a ball with a stick in the cold, whether it was baseball, softball or golf, I can tell you that you don't know what your missing. Unless you hit the ball with the "sweet spot" of the bat or the club, you will experience a pain in your hands that is akin to smashing yourself in the palm with a hammer.

It stings.

A lot.

Both teams battled through the weather but in the end, the Red Sox beat the Twins 4-2, giving them a seven game winning streak and solidifying their first place position in the ALEast.

As I mentioned, tomorrow will be two 7-inning games and the weather doesn't look as bad as today with highs in the upper 40s and partly cloudy. Not ideal baseball playing weather but better than what they dealt with today.


The Bruins fell apart the other day, getting beat by the Capitals 8-1. They looked awful.

I'm hoping that they are over their malaise and play a lot better tonight when they take on the Sabres at 7:00 this evening.

I'm not sure how much of that game I'll watch since the Small Dog woke me at 2:30 this morning to go out and I didn't really get around to falling back to sleep. If the Bruins are playing well, I'll tough it out but if things look bad, I'll probably just fall asleep on my couch, wake up in the middle of some rant by Dale Arnold about how the Bruins should play better and go to bed


We're trying to figure out what to have for dinner and none of us has a clue. Maybe hot dogs. Maybe fish filets. Maybe leftovers.

While we agonize over what quick and easy meal to make, you can ponder these:

No comments: