Friday, August 13, 2021

They are digging deeper

With last nights loss, the Red Sox are now five games out of first place behind the Rays and two games ahead of the third place Yankees.

Houck pitched well. He went five innings, giving up one run. In the sixth, he gave up three runs and Cora took him out. After that, the bullpen gave up four more runs, giving the Rays a 8 to 1 win.

And in all honesty, I can't hold the pitching to task without mentioning that the hitters only managed to score one run in nine innings. That kinda sucks.

Tonight starts a three game series against the Orioles. Hopefully the Red Sox don't get beat by the worst team in the American League. That would really suck...


In other sportings newses, the Patriots won their first pre-season game last night. I know, it doesn't count, but it was fun to watch.

The new kid, Mac Jones, played the majority of the snaps and looked pretty damned good to me. Nto sure what Belichick thought but I thought he was ready to take on the role of first string quarterback.

Hell, after watching Newton fall apart last season, I would not be surprised to see him replaced by the rookie.


The Red Sox just announced the Schwarber will be activated as a DH for tonight's game. This should be interesting.

Time for me to feed the critters and the people. While I do that, you should enjoy these links:


No comments: