Saturday, August 14, 2021

They won last night

Pivetta pitched a great six innings and then Richards (formerly a starter, now a reliever) came in. He pitched a great three innings to finish the game. Between them, they gave up seven hits and one run. When the game ended, the Red Sox had defeated the Orioles 8-1.

Today's game started at 4:00 and Sale made his pitrching debut.

As I type this, it is the sixth inning and the Red Sox are up 14-2. Sale went five innings and Sawamura took over in the sixth. Sale threw a total of 89 pitches and struck out eight batters. The two runs the Orioles scored are from back-to-back home runs in the third and as far as I'm concerned, those were anomolies. For a guy who hasn't pitched in a big league game since 2019, that's some pretty good pitching.


Busy day washing a few hundred brass cases in an effort to get back into reloading.

The cost of ammunition is bordering on prohibitive so I reached out to my cousin and he brought me the reloading gear we used almost forty years ago. It's not fancy but it's quality and it includes all the stuff I bought back then.

On the other hand, I sure hope I remember how to do this because the last thing I want to do is screw it up. Creating something that is designed to contain a small explosion inches away from my face requires me to be knowledgeable, careful and meticulous. I'm pretty good about the knowledgeable and the meticulous parts but careful has never been high on my list of skills.


I'm going to watch the rest of this game.

While I do that, you should look at these:

No comments: