Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Oh, how the mighty have fallen

They are now five games behind the Rays and tied for second with the Yankees. If they lose tonight, they will be in third place, one game behind the Yankees.

Just three weeks ago, they were in first place in the ALEast, two and a half games ahead of the Rays, eight and a half games ahead of the Yankees and tied with the Astros for first in the American League.

The only way you win a baseball game is to step on home plate more times than your opponent and they aren't doing that.

They need to start doing that. Soon. And by "soon", I mean tonight.


The press is set up and since I have all the hardware components to begin sizing / depriming those 1,000 pistol cases, I set about doing some today.

I figured it would take me at least two hours to do 1,000. Turns out I was really wrong.

I spent almost two hours to do these 400 cases:

My plan now is to prime, charge and seat the seven nickel cases I have as my "tests". Nickel isn't as durable as brass so I don't care about them. If I screw up the expansion or the crimp and destroy the case, it's no loss. Assuming all goes well, I'll prime, charge and seat those 400. That should give us at least 7 or 8 days of range fun.

I'm kind of enjoying myself doing this.


Time to make some dinner and then watch some baseball.

You might want to look at these:

No comments: