Friday, August 20, 2021

They need to get back on a winning streak

I know that before the season started, all the talking heads predicted the Red Sox to be a mediocre team, maybe winning half their games and taking fourth place in the ALEast.

This is a screenshot I took back on March 30 that shows the prognosticators and their predictions:

I also know that Bloom clearly stated in the spring that this would be a rebuilding season where he was focused on getting the farm system back to one that was the envy of MLB and "building a team that will compete every year, that’s our main goal".

But let's face it, the Red Sox got all of us fans all fired up and excited during the first half of the season by being the best team in the MLB. This Red Sox fan came to expect that they would continue to win but I also recognized the the Red Sox always experience a post-All Star break slump.

Well, that slump has gone on longer than usual and it has me concerned.

At this point, my expectations are once again tempered by young Mr Bloom and his goal of rebuilding the system. I am once again looking at the Red Sox as a team attempting to rebuild itself after the era of "Trade-em Away Dave".

I am no longer going to look at each loss as a slap in the face but instead I'm going to try and remember that the team is trying to position itself for a long-term run that hopefully includes more than one World Series.

I still want them to win every game and I really hope they make the playoffs but just need to temper those expectations with a little bit of reality.


Here comes Henry!

I've tested my generator and I have 15 gallons of gas. Tomorrow is our normal grocery shopping day so we'll stock up on the necessities like candy bars, cookies, soda, beer, etc...

You know, the essentials.


The Patriots pretty much ran roughshod over the Eagles last night, giving them 2-0 record.

Yes, I know these are preseason and don't matter one bit. Yes I know the Patriots always do well in the preseason games but damnit, I need to feel good about a local sports team and this is the one that is winning.

Give me this little ray of sunshine.

Well, give me that and a liberal dose of PGA/USGA/LPGA tournaments.

I do like watching a little golf every now and then. Particularly the LPGA or any tournament with Bubba Watson in it.


Here are a few links you may find enjoyable:

No comments: