Sunday, August 15, 2021

They swept the Orioles

With today's 6-2 win over the Orioles, and the Rays loss to the Twins, the Red Sox are now only three games out of first.

They are still struggling with the bullpen but their starting rotation seems to be doing just fine. Rodriguez went 6 innings, giving up only one run but then Ottavino came out to start the seventh. He gave up a run and then got drilled in the shoulder by a comebacker and had to leave the game. Fortunately Whitlock was on target and he closed out the seventh and eighth.

Barnes came in to close it out in the ninth and wasn't at his best. He gave up two hits before finishing the game.

And for the record, the new guy, Schwarber, was the DH today and he hit two doubles.

They are off tomorrow before heading to New York to play three games against the Yankees. Tuesday features a double header with the first game at 1:00 and the second game at 7:00. Wednesday is a normal 7:00 game.


The first batch of cases have been washed and dried. The second batch is soaking in soapy water now and tomorrow (or maybe Tuesday), I'll rinse then thoroughly and set them next to the dehumidifier to dry.

There is another batch to be washed after that one but, in the meantime, I need to order some equipment so I can get started on the actual task of reloading.

According to everything I'm reading, I should be able to cut my cost per round in half by reloading my own. That can be substantial over the course of a year. Especially now that my daughter is joining me.


So now that dinner is done and today's Red Sox game is over, I guess I'll kick back and watch the August 15, 2015 Red Sox game on NESN+ that features Don Orsillo and Jerry Remy in their prime. You know, before NESN management decided to fire Orsillo in favor of the guy they got now.

While I do that, you can do these:

No comments: