Thursday, August 5, 2021

Well, they had a winning streak of one game

The Red Sox won last night but they lost this afternoon. That means they are have lost their last two series and are now 1-6.

They really need to get their shit together.

Soon.


In other sportings news, I watched some of the lesser-known olympic sports this afternoon.

I gotta tell you, the canoe sprints are some of the most amazing races I've ever seen. I watched a young lady row a canoe over a distance of 200 meters in 45 seconds.

Think about how fast that is.

Never mind, I'll tell you how fast that is.
    200 meters = 219 yards.
    219 yards ~ 1/12 of a mile.
    45 seconds times 12 = 540 seconds or 9 minutes.
That is a 9 minute mile.

Most people I know can't run a 9 minute mile nevermind row a canoe through water by yourself that fast.

Another sport I watched was rock climbing.

After watching that, I now know where Stan Lee got his ideas for Spiderman. Holy crap, those people are amazing.

Finally, there was speed walking which I immediately turned off because that is as boring to watch as cross-country skiing...


Enjoy these links:

No comments: