Saturday, August 21, 2021

Winning streak of one game

The Red Sox managed to beat the Rangers 6-0 last night. Since the Rays got beat by the White Sox, the Red Sox picked up a game on them. Unfortunately, the Yankees beat the Twins so the Red Sox are still in third place.

Sales pitched a great game but they are babying him and pulled him in the 5th inning after 71 pitches. As he gets more games in, they'll allow him to throw more pitches and go more innings.

Tonight will feature Rodriguez on the mound. I really hope he has a good game and they win.


Quick update on my ammo cases:

I have completed the sizing, decapping and washing/polishing of all 1,125 brass pistol cases. I took one of the nickel cases, set up the expansion die and dialed in a small expansion of the neck of the case. Then I took out the expansion die and set up the seating/crimping die. I dialed it in using the previously expanded nickel case and one of my bullets.

I now have 1,125 cases ready to go and all three of the die's are set up. Now it's just a matter of finding a place that sells the powder I want, then buying a replacement powder scale (I have no idea what happened to the old balance scale we had) and setting about creating 200 rounds of 9mm.

I'm limited to 200 because that is how many bullets and primers I have. That's more than enough ammunition a few days of fun poking holes in a bunch of paper targets but I'm hoping when I find a powder supplier, I also find that they sell the other components I need.


They have changed the path of Henry a bit and now it looks like the eye will come up the Connecticut river valley and probably dump on my little town. It's scheduled to be here sometime tomorrow (Sunday) night and hang with us through mid-day on Monday.

I suspect I'm going to be glad I have a generator, enough gasoline to run it for two/three days, and a wet/dry vac.


Time for some dinner and then some baseball.

It's also time for you to check out these links:

No comments: