Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Another warm day

Today was another one of those days where I'm glad I don't have a job working outside.
Aside from the heat, there were large clouds of pollen blowing around my neighborhood and it's everywhere. Everything is a yellow/green color including all the furniture on our porch and any room where we had the windows open.

I went out and hosed it off my car this afternoon.

Out of all the things that have changed in me as I age, if I could pick one to not have changed, it would be my reaction to pollen.

Growing up, I never had problems with itchy eyes, sneezing or coughing. Pollen never bothered me at all. I could hang out in field playing nine innings of baseball and never once think about sneezing or rubbing my eyes. 18 holes of golf? Not one sniffle or a sneeze.

Now, all I have to do is sit near an open window and I start sneezing & my eyes start watering like I'm crying.

I hate this crap.


The Red Sox got their collective ass kicked last night, getting beaten senseless by the Orioles 10-0. That means the Orioles win the series and move one game closer to the Red Sox in the standings.

As things look right now, the Orioles are in last place in the ALEast, 2½ games Red Sox. What that means to me is that the Red Sox are less than three games away from being in last place. I don't even want to think about how far out of first place they are (10½ games) in the ALEast.

Fortunately, they are playing the MLB's cellar-dwellers today and tomorrow. The Reds come into town tied with the Royals in last place in all of the MLB. The Red Sox better win both games...


Okay, here's a thought: How about all you idiots just stop posting pictures of your guns and making stupid comments.

No, wait... On second thought, please, by all means, post pictures of your guns and make all the comments you want. You'll make it that much easier for the cops to find you and lock your ass up. Or, at the very least, they'll start paying special attention to you.

Morons.

You have never seen a picture of me with a gun. You know why? Waving a gun around in public is a stupid thing to do.

The best advice I was given about firearms was an instructor at the Mass State Police Academy telling us, "Keep it concealed. This ain't the old west. Anyone out of uniform, walking around with a gun slung off their hip, is looking for trouble and they are likely to find it."

I'm not looking for trouble. I don't like trouble.


While I see if the Red Sox can keep their butts out of last place, you can click on these links:

No comments: