Saturday, May 14, 2022

I demand more wins

The Red Sox won last night, beating the Rangers 7-1.

Pivetta had a great outing, going seven innings, allowing three hits and only one unearned run on a wild pitch that brought home a runner from third. More importantly, by going seven innings, he basically gave the bullpen a night off because Crawford came in and pitched the eighth & the ninth, giving up one hit and no runs. That means every other bullpen arm should be well rested and ready to go.

Hill and Hernandez were placed on the 10 day DL last week after they both tested positive for covid. Hernandez was taken off the lists the next day. Hill will be taken off the list today and he's expected to pitch tonight. Hopefully he is still in top form. His last outing was May 5th and he went five strong innings before turning it over to the bullpen. They immediately imploded and the Red Sox lost but not because of Hill. When Hill left the game, the score was 0-0. It was the bullpen that gave up 8 runs in the last two innings...

First pitch is at 7:05 tonight so maybe I'll last more than six innings which how long I lasted last night before falling asleep on my couch.


The Bruins/Hurricanes game started at 4:30 this afternoon and they are currently half way through the first period with the score 0-0 and the Hurricanes are on a two minute power play.

I'm kinda pissed that it's being carried by ESPN. I may have mentioned in the past that I hate ESPN. They don't even pronounce the player names correctly.

The winner of this game will move on to round two of the playoffs and they will play either the Rangers or the Penguins.

In case you aren't aware, I'm really hoping it's the Bruins that move on. I'm also really hoping they play the Penguins so I can exchange taunting text messages with my cousins in western Pennsylvania.


The Veterinarian is a member of a bridal party for a future wedding and this weekend they (the bridal party) are all in Florida enjoying a few days of fun at Disney with the bride.

That means my wife and I get to spoil the small main dog without getting in trouble.

We stopped by a pet store yesterday and picked up some of those extra-fancy dog cookies. Last night, when I was cooking the hamburger for our tacos, I took several ounces of unseasoned hamburger & set it aside for her dinner tonight. Also, I can say without remorse that I have been sharing my potato sticks with her.

She really likes potato sticks.

She also likes cheese balls but I don't have any of those.

But if I did, I would be sharing them with her.


I'm going to watch the rest of my sports. At some point I'll grill up some steaks.

While I do that, you can do these:

No comments: