Monday, May 30, 2022

It's Memorial Day

Today is the day we think about all those men and women who gave their lives in service to our nation.

I, for one, am grateful for their service and their sacrifice.


We went outside at 9:00 this morning and worked until 10:30 or 11:00. My wife had one more garden to finish up and I needed to trim the bushes along our property line.

By the time we finished, it was getting hot and my bald spot was feeling kinda toasty. I probably should have worn my hat...

This was the temp at 4:00 this afternoon:
Not terrible but since I don't like doing yard work, I won't do it when the temps are in the upper 80's...


It looks like the weather is going to hold off and baseball will be played this evening. As I said yesterday, this is the fifth game in their five game series so the winner of this game wins the series.

Tomorrow however, the weather is iffy. There is a 30 to 40 percent chance of rain at 7:00pm in Boston so their game against the Reds may not get played. At least not at 7:00pm.

Since this is the only series they play against the Reds, and it's only a two-game series, they will try their best to get the game in. That means they will delay it until the field is playable. That also means I probably won't be able to watch much of it.


For the record, I think congress needs to tell Goofy Joe to shut up and stay out of any debate regarding gun control. He is the same boob who told people all they needed to do to protect themselves was to grab their trusty shotgun and randomly fire a couple of blasts off the back porch.

Look, we need some kind of control over firearms. I'm a dyed-in-the-wool constitutionalist and I think each amendment is as important as the next but let's face it, when some kid can get his hands on a lethal weapon without having to prove he is stable and that he has taken some kind of safety course, we got a problem. Congress should debate this. They should work to come up with some means of assuring us that nutcases aren't shooting up grocery stores or running around classrooms acting like little babies are the "VC" it's the freakin' Tet offensive.

If Goofy Joe starts throwing his insane ideas into the pot, you can bet that nothing will get done. And if something does get done that contains his bright ideas, the Supreme Court will shoot it down because, to be honest with you, I've come to the conclusion that Joe has never read the constitution.


The AC has kept the house at a reasonable temp, dinner is ready to eat and baseball will be played in about an hour and a half.

I didn't have a lot of time left to hunt down links today. The few I did find are here:

No comments: