Saturday, May 28, 2022

Saturday, part two

As promised, here is your update for today with some links.


The Red Sox beat the Orioles this afternoon 5-3 but what is also good is that Eovaldi went all nine innings. That means the bullpen is ready for this evening's game.

That is assuming they get tonight's game in. The storms we are enjoying here in western Mass this afternoon are currently heading to Boston. If they maintain their energy, Fenway will become a swamp when they hit. As a matter of fact, the grounds crew pulled the tarp onto the field when this afternoon's game ended.

It's never a good indication when they pull the tarp onto the field.


As I mentioned, it's raining where I am.

Let me rephrase that: It's freakin' downpouring where I am.

The small garden my daughter plants is now a small lake. Her tomatoes look like water plants poking out of pond.

At some point, I need to go into my basement and see what the flood situation is like down there.

Update:
    I just went into my basement and it is dry.
This has been your update on the status of my basement.


I'm kind of hoping the rain ends soon so I can toss some steaks on the grill and sear some scallops. If you've ever seared scallops, you know why I want to do it outside on my grill. It's messy as hell.

Game two kicks off at 6:10 and according to the weather dweebs, it's going to be raining in Boston until 8:00. That probably means I won't be watching more than 5 or 6 innings tonight.

Enjoy these links:

No comments: