Saturday, May 28, 2022

Oops

I had something all typed up and ready to go yesterday but I got distracted and forgot to finish it.

You'll get two today.


The Red Sox beat up on the White Sox on Thursday night and won the series 2-1. Unfortunately, the bull pen imploded last night and they lost to the Orioles 12-8.

But that was not the worst part of the last nights game. The worst part was that the game was on Apple TV instead of NESN. That meant I watched baseball on my 15 inch laptop screen instead of my 60 inch television. Plus I got to listen to a couple of yahoos who spent the entire game mispronouncing the players names. Also, the video and the audio were out of synch so it was like watching a 1960's Japanese Godzilla movie that had been doubed in english.


For the last month I have been sending Pat emails and he has been ignoring me.

He sent me an email yesterday morning and I replied with a question. He ignored me.

I decided to call him just to make sure he wasn't dead on his kitchen floor or something like that and he didn't ignore me. Turns out all of the emails I sent to him in the last few weeks have been dropping into his junk folder. I guess I must have pissed off his email software or something.

So anyways, Pat and I are going to take baby steps back into the world of golf.

During the late 80's, all of the 90's and into the early part of this current century, Pat and I played golf together. We both suck at it so we were good partners. About 10 or so years ago, I had to stop playing because of my back and Pat stopped playing because, well, he's not in any better shape than I am.

So anyways, we decided that we should probably do something other than sit on our ass and watch baseball so we are going to pick a decent day that is not too hot and head over to the driving range.

If it turns out we both remember how to work a golf club, we'll think about playing nine holes every few weeks. I'm not saying my back is any better than it was 10 years ago but my desire to crush the ball a mile is behind me. At my age, I just want to hit it straight. I'll leave the "hit it far" thing to the youngsters out there.


There is a doubleheader today and I hope to watch both games.

I will post an update, along with some links, between games.

No comments: