Wednesday, May 11, 2022

One win, one loss

The Bruins lost 5-1 to the Hurricanes last night. The Hurricanes now lead the series 3-2. If the Bruins lose tomorrow night, they are done so they can't lose.

Let me repeat that because it bears repeating: They. Can't. Lose.


Now for the good news: The Red Sox beat up on the Braves last night.

I didn't last the whole game simply because I was exhausted and fell asleep on my couch but I saw enough of it to know they were probably going to win.

As exciting as it was to see Devers hit a grand slam it was equally exciting to see Verdugo get a hit, Story get a hit, Cordero take a walk, Vazquez get a hit & drive in Verdugo, Bradley take a walk & bring in Story. Devers hitting that home run with the bases loaded was just the perfect end to that string of hits..

It's really fortunate that they got all those hits because Whitlock did not have a stellar night on the mound. He lasted only three innings, giving up four hits and three runs. It's also fortunate that the bullpen had a good night, giving up only two hits and one run.

In the end, it was 9-4 in favor of the Red Sox.

I'm hoping that Eovaldi has a good night on the mound tonight and the hitters remember how to hit. I'd like to see them put these one-game winning streaks behind them and start having actual winning streaks. Give me one of them ten-game winning streaks. That would be sweet.


I'm off to pick up some pizza to enjoy while watching the ball game.

These are the links I found for you:

No comments: