Saturday, September 17, 2022

It was a Large-Fifth-Letter kind of day

We spent the day wandering around the Eastern States Exhibition grounds, rubbing elbows with the hoi-polloi of New England and wondering if the supply-chain issues are affecting soap and deodorant availability.
I don't want to say it was crowded but the phrase, "Jesus Christ, there are a shitload of people here!" pretty much sums things up.

Thankfully I have the ability to usually find a place to sit that is off to the side, away from over-flowing trash barrels with dozens of angry yellow jackets while my wife and daughter wander through all of the "crafty" booths, looking at things that mean little or nothing to me.

My goals when visiting the fair is to wander through the state buildings and then go check out the livestock shows. Everything else is meh.


Even though I was at the fair watching the Swifty Swine pigs races, eating bizzare fried foods, being amazed at the sheer volume of booths selling crappy products, watching 4H kids show off their livestock or waiting for my wife to pick out the perfect flannel shirt at Vermont Flannel, I still managed to find time to verify that the queen is still dead.


The Red Sox released their backup catcher, Kevin Plawecki, right after they beat the Royals 2-1 last night.

He is a free agent at the end of the season, they already have two catchers and his production as a hitter wasn't all that good. To be honest with you, they kind of did him a favor because now his agent can get a jump on getting him signed with another team.

I also want to point out that just as the game started, my youngest sent me this picture:

At some point during the game, we had the following text exchange:
("A", the one with common sense and the ability to plan ahead, is his finacé.)

So anyways, the Red Sox started game two of their three-game series at 4:00 this afternoon and since I was busy trying hard to avoid stepping in any cow shit, I did not watch the beginning of the game. When I got home and turned it on, it was the fifth inning and the Red Sox were down 4-0

In the time it took me to type this, the game has entered to seventh inning and the score is now 8-0 in favor of the Royals.

Yes, I know that wins and losses no longer matter but they are still fun to watch. It's just that they are funner to watch when they are winning.


I'm going to eat half of my giant cremé puff and probably fall asleep early.

Here are a couple of links for you to visit:

No comments: