Sunday, September 25, 2022

Bad day in Foxboro

Not only did the Patriots lose their home opener 37-26, Jones injured his ankle near the end of the game and it didn't look good. He hopped off the field, putting no weight on the ankle and clearly wincing with each movement.

Hopefully he won't miss any games but I won't be surprised if he does.

The Patriots turned the ball over way to many times and the Ravens were right where they needed to be to recover a fumble or intercept a poorly thrown pass.

So they are now 1-2 which is not one of their best starts.


Speaking of not doing well, the Red Sox will take on the Yankees and hopefully avoid being swept.

The one thing they are doing is preventing Judge from hitting his 61st home run of the season, tying Roger Maris.

This makes me happy because I liked Maris. My childhood consisted of admiring guys like Roger Maris, Mickey Mantle, Ted Williams, Bill Mazeroski, Roberto Clemente and Willie Mays.

I collected their baseball cards, tried to imitate their swings and generally thought of those guys as heroes.

I don't care about Judge. I'm sure he's a nice guy but he's no Roger Maris


I'm going to make some pizza, watch the rest of the Packers/Buccaneers game and then watch the Red Sox/Yankees.

You can enjoy these if you want:

No comments: