Saturday, October 8, 2022

Fifteen innings is a lot of innings

It took them five hours over fifteen scoreless innings this afternoon before the Guardians were able to beat the Rays 1-0, win the best of three wildcard series and move on to the ALDS.

They will now play the Yankees on Tuesday in game one of a best of five series. This is the ALDS-A series. The ALDS-B series will be between the Astros and either the Mariners or the Blue Jays.

I gotta be honest with you, it's going to take me a few years to get used to this new playoff scheme with the extra wildcard teams. Fortunately, MLB provided this picture to help me figure it out:


So Ukraine blew up a bridge but Russia says they fixed it.

I've decided I have no idea who to believe.

I've also decided that if Psycho Vlad is looking for an excuse to pop off a few nukes or to toss some chemicals around, this may be it.


Today was spent doing some work at The Vets house.

She wanted to paint her first floor bathroom so I removed the toilet tank and lights. While my wife did the trim, I worked on reattaching the electric service line to the side of her house and then applying some expandable foam in the opening where it went into the house.

Once the foam solidifies in a day or two, I'll trim it and then apply some silicone caulking to seal it up water-tight.

While those two were painting, I mowed her lawn.

I've decided I'm taking tomorrow off from everything.



Because I was a little busy today, I didn't spend a lot of time on the interwebs.

You can visit these links while I watch the Bruins play their final preseason game:

No comments: