Sunday, October 23, 2022

The Phillies are in

The Phillies beat the Padres this afternoon, securing the NLCS and a shot at the World Series penant.

I was going to watch the Astros / Yankees game but they are under a rain delay that looks like it might end around 8:30 or so.

That means I'll only be able to watch five innings or so before I fall asleep.

Hopefully when I wake up tomorrow I learn that the Astros won the ALCS and will face the Phillies in the World Series.

Go Astros!


Since the Golden Knights lost last night, the Bruins have the best record (5 - 1 for 10 points) in the NHL.

Go Bruins!


This is late because I started another little project today that required my attention.

I am applying a acrylic clear coat to our vinyl-clad window frames because the ones in the direct sunlight (facing the south) have begun to fade and peel.

I start by peeling off the finish that isn't firmly adhered, cleaning the surface with some rubbing alcohol and then applying the clear coat. Then I wait for an hour, lightly hit it with some fine sandpaper to smooth it and then apply the second coat.

It is tedious and requires a very steady hand because I do not want to get this stuff on the glass.


Here are a couple of links:

No comments: