Sunday, October 23, 2022

The Phillies are in

The Phillies beat the Padres this afternoon, securing the NLCS and a shot at the World Series penant.

I was going to watch the Astros / Yankees game but they are under a rain delay that looks like it might end around 8:30 or so.

That means I'll only be able to watch five innings or so before I fall asleep.

Hopefully when I wake up tomorrow I learn that the Astros won the ALCS and will face the Phillies in the World Series.

Go Astros!

⧫

Since the Golden Knights lost last night, the Bruins have the best record (5 - 1 for 10 points) in the NHL.

Go Bruins!

⧫

This is late because I started another little project today that required my attention.

I am applying a acrylic clear coat to our vinyl-clad window frames because the ones in the direct sunlight (facing the south) have begun to fade and peel.

I start by peeling off the finish that isn't firmly adhered, cleaning the surface with some rubbing alcohol and then applying the clear coat. Then I wait for an hour, lightly hit it with some fine sandpaper to smooth it and then apply the second coat.

It is tedious and requires a very steady hand because I do not want to get this stuff on the glass.

⧫

Here are a couple of links:

No comments: