Sunday, October 16, 2022

Lawn, Patriots & Guardians

One problem with my lawn making such a miraculous comeback is that now I have to mow it weekly.

Don't get me wrong, I don't really mind mowing the lawn when the temps are in the 60s but it's still a task that brings me no pleasure.

I also had to refill all of my gas cans. I cost me $45.00 to fill my gas cans and top off my car and my car only took five gallons.

Gas is going up and it's not going up slowly. Today I paid $3.39 a gallon. A week ago, I paid $3.19 a gallon. For those of you that are lacking in good solid math skills, that's an increase of six percent in one week.

I wish the DJIA grew six percent in the last week...


The Patriots took on the Browns and it wasn't even close.

Jones and Hoyer are still out and Zappe is fast becoming my choice for quarterback.

He holds his ground under pressure, he picks his targets well and he knows how to get rid of the ball if he's about to be sacked.

The defense was spot on as well. The Browns QB, Jacoby Brissett, couldn't hit his targets and had a difficult time avoiding the sack.

The Patriots ended up winning the game 38-15 and are now .500 on the season.


The Guardians took a 2-1 lead in their series against the Yankees yesterday and can win their ALDS tonight.

The Yankees are putting Cole on the mound and while he is a good pitcher, he has his moments of failure. For instance, the last time he pitched against the Red Sox, he got shelled. I'm hoping that happens tonight.

As for the Guardians, they are putting Quantrill on the mound. Hopefully he has his A-game and the Yankees slink back to their dugout after every at bat.

As I may have mentioned, that would make me happy


You can click on these links if you want:

No comments: