Friday, October 14, 2022

Trump will dodge the subpoena

I learned last night that the committee investigating the attack on the Capitol building only has authority to exist until the end of the current congress. Its writ expires on January 3rd.

That means that all Trump has to do is dodge the server until November and then, once he is served, wait until early December and file a motion to quash the subpoena on the grounds that he was President when the attack happened and as such his actions are protected.

That should get him until the end of December. Then he will appeal whatever the court does to his motion and that will take until after the committee's authority expires.

Once that happens, the original subpoena to testify before the committee becomes invalid because it's kinda hard to testify before a committee that doesn't exist.

But none of that matters because in other news, the SCOTUS told him they are not going to listen to his appeal about the special master request he made on the whole top secret documents he stole and kept at his country club.

That means the process can move forward and if the DoJ finds that he was in possession of top secret documents that he had no right to possess, he might find himself in a little hot water.


The Guardians / Yankees game was postponed to this afternoon so I was able to watch the entire thing.

I'm pleased to say that the Guardians won and now they head to Cleveland with the series tied 1-1. I'm hoping that with home field advantage they will shut the Yankees down and move on to the ALCS.


Nope. Still can't retire...


I have a new project and once I figure out what/how I'm going to do it, I'll let you know. For the time being, let's just say it will probably involve some painting. I'm just not sure at this point.

While I read up on how to do what I want to do and consider my options, you can visit these links:

No comments: