Saturday, October 1, 2022

Still painting

The first room I choose to tackle has brown baseboards and that means I can only do that one room. The remainder of the rooms all have white baseboard heaters. That means now I can do at least two rooms at a time. I might do three if I get adventurous.

Today was the second coat and now that everything is dried, I put it all back together. I gotta say, it looks pretty good and I'm happy with the results. Now I'm going to take several aspirin to help ease the headache I have from breathing in all the Rustoleum fumes. Hopefully things warm up a bit and I can move my paint shop from the basement out to the garage where I can open the giant door.


The Red Sox lost last night and all I have to say about that is:
    Pitchers and Catchers report to Spring Training 137 days from today.
This has been a season to forget and I'm wondering what Bloom will do to make the team more competitive. In all honesty, I'm not sure Bloom is right for Boston.

His greatest failure, as far as I'm concerned, was his decision to not retain Kyle Schwarber or Hunter Renfroe. Those two did more to help the team get into the playoffs last season than almopst anyone else. Add to that his failure to build a bullpen that can deliver when needed and you have the 2022 Red Sox.

My other problems with him is I'm not sure he has had very many successes. Trevor Story and Eric Hosmer seem to be injury-prone and haven't been available very much. I don't imagine they will suddenly become less injury-prone next season.

It might be time for the Chaim Bloom experiment to come to an end. Then again, what the hell do I know about the business of baseball. I only know how to play the game, not how to make money doing it.

On the upside, the Bruins beat the Flyers in a pre-season game this afternoon.


I sent a text to my little sister down in Raleigh, NC yesterday, asking her about the hurricane. I'm pleased to say that all is well

The Red Sox lost to the Blue Jays 10-0 this afternoon. I'm going to find something else to watch that doesn't involve losing.

While I do that, you can do these:

  • Psycho Vlad is going to end up going nuclear over this. Our best hope is that his generals refuse to obey him.


  • I don't know what a "bawbag" is but apparently Scottish ghosts know.


  • I don't like DeSantis. No sir, I don't like him one bit but I agree with him on this. If you rob someone who just lost everything, you should be shot. You are the scum of the earth and we don't need you in our society.


  • I drove Volvos for 23 years and never once did any of them burst into flames for no reason. Then again, I never went to the McDonalds drive thru...

No comments: