Monday, October 3, 2022

The big room is done

The living room, which has about 30 feet of radiator/baseboard, is done. It took me all of seven hours to strip everything down, sand all the pieces and then paint them. Now my back is killing me.

I have one more room on the first floor to do (the kitchen) and then the six rooms upstairs.

I figure at this rate, I should done by the end of this week. This of course is dependent upon the status of my back. Fortunately, the living room was the biggest room with the longest pieces. Trust me, it's hard to paint 10 foot long pieces of floppy sheet metal and then find a place to set them to dry. Particularly when there are two cats wandering around this house.

So far, the cats have stayed away from the painted pieces.


Speaking of maintaining the heating system, the heat went on today.

My wife and I agreed that living in a house with a indoor temperature 60° was pretty much an indication that we might be either numb or stupid. Since neither one of us is stupid and based on the pain I feel in my back, I know I'm not numb.

So she flipped the thermostats to the "ON" position and set the temps for our traditional 65° at night, 68° during the day.


I've eaten my dinner, followed by two ibuprofen for desert. Now I'm trying to decide if I want to watch the Red Sox or the Bruins.

The Red Sox are starting their final three-game series of the season. They are at home playing the Rays. The BRuins are in New Jersey, playing a preseason game against the Devils.

It's nice to have choices.

Enjoy these links:

No comments: