Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Trigger time

This morning The Vet, and I went out to the range for about an hour.

We spent some time with the pistols and it's nice to know that we can both hit the target.

After sending 50 rounds down range with our pistols, we moved over to the mid-size range and broke out the shoulder cannon.

While I was shooting, The Vet decided to take a picture showing how far away our targets are.

This is a picture of your humble host. The little squares you see in the distance are our targets:

This is a screen shot from Google Maps showing the distance from my shooting position to the target location. The distance is 300 feet which is 100 yards:

This is a picture of the results:

For the record, the black dot is one inch across, the inner circle is three inches across, the middle circle is five inches across and the outer circle is seven inches across.

After we had each sent our four rounds down to our targets, we each took a shot at a golf ball that was placed on a board. It's hard to even see a golf ball at 100 yards, never mind shoot one.

The Vet missed with her shot but not by much. I saw the dirt kick up just over the top of the ball. I took my shot and the ball took off. We went down to retrieve our targets and hunt down the ball. The Vet found it about 20 feet away with a rather large hole in it.

I am pretty pleased with myself that I can still hit something as small as a golf ball at 100 yards. As they used to say in the old westerns, "That there's some purty good shootin' Tex."


Is it just me or does anyone else think Tom Brady is starting to look a lot like Skeletor:

The blonde teenager-looking girl on the left of the picture is Dr. Dana Blumberg, Robert Kraft's new wife. She is 33 years younger than he is. All I have to say about that is, "Way to go Robert..."

Now will someone please give Brady a bacon double-cheeseburger with a side of fries and a vanilla shake.


The Guardians / Yankees game got rained out last night and moved to this afternoon.

As I type this, the score is 3-0 in favor of the Yankees after one inning.

Go Guards!


The Bruins won handily last night, beating the Panthers 5-3.

They remain undefeated but since they've only played three games, that statistic is pretty much meaningless.

They are in Ottowa to play the Senators this evening so I have something to watch tonight after the ball game ends.


Enjoy these links:

No comments: