Saturday, June 17, 2023

It was a good game

I don't want to say that the Red Sox kicked ass last night but at one point in the game, they were up 14-1. When the game ended, they had beaten the New York Aaron Judges 15-5.

Houck was pitching a great game, going four innings and giving up only one earned run before getting hit in the face with a batted ball. He immediately dropped to the ground and you could see him bleeding below his right eye. As of late last night, the Red Sox are saying he's got some stitches and he is going to be fine.

I hope he's going to be fine. He's been pitching like a machine and if they lose him from the rotation for a few games, that would be bad.

The weather doesn't look good for today's game with a better than 80% chance of rain:
If they end up cancelling today's game, they will play a doubleheader tomorrow.

No matter when they play the game, it looks like Bello will be on the mound.


I've been watching the US Open and I gotta be honest with you, those guys are a hell of a lot better at golf than I am.

Then again, they play a lot more than I do. Maybe if I played every day, I'd be good. Or crippled.

Yea, I'd probably be crippled.

Never mind, I'll just stick with being bad.


For the record, the DJIA once again closed up for the week.
For now, my retirement account is happy.

Next month may be a different story when the fed starts running interest rates up again, causing the market, and my retirement account, to shrink.


Well, time for dinner and maybe some baseball.

Here are some links

No comments: