Friday, June 2, 2023

A win!

Sale pitched fine through three innings but in the fourth, something went wrong and he was throwing the ball all over the place. Cora had no choice but to take him out and this morning the Red Sox announced he has shoulder soreness and possibly a strain.

The score was 2-2 through seven innings and then the Red Sox hitters discovered what their bats are for. They scored six runs in the eighth inning making the score 8-2.

Jansen came in to pitch the ninth and the game ended with a 8-2 Red Sox victory.

Whitlock will take the mound this evening as the Rays come into town for a four-game series over the next three days. They will play one game tonight, a double-header tomorrow and one game on Sunday.

I have no idea why there is a doubleheader scheduled for this Saturday. Conjecture amongst the baseball dweebs is that the league is trying to give players more days off so they started scheduling doubleheaders.


No, I have. not installed my air conditioners. I thought about it but in all honesty, it seemed kind of silly given it's going to be in the mid 60s over the next 10 days.

Instead of AC, I find if I shut all the windows and doors around 10:00 in the morning, my house stays about 75ยบ for most of the day.

I'm sure that in the next few weeks I'll be dragging all of my air conditioners out of storage and putting them in because if there is one thing I dislike, it's heat and humidity.


Finally!

Yesterday the debt override bill made it through the house and today it made it through the senate. All that needs to happen is for Goofy Joe to sign it and the US can once again pay its bills.

Add to that a favorable jobs report and you get a bunch of investors that are happy to invest. That makes for a nice little bump in the value of the DJIA which means my investments are up.

Who knows, maybe I will survive.


Pardon me while I watch some baseball.

You can click on these:

No comments: