Thursday, December 7, 2023

Thank goodness for hockey

I will be entertained by hockey this evening which is good because I am almost out of DVRs.

The Sabres are in Boston to take on the Bruins and, if I recall correctly, the Sabres are not having the best season.

Let's see... Yep, I recall correctly.

A quick check of the standings tells me that the Sabres are not having a very good season. They are a sub-.500 team that is currently at 10-14-2. The Bruins are a .771 team and are at 17-4-3.

Hopefully the Bruins continue to have their collective shit together and the don't let the Sabres improve their record. I'm also glad to hear they called up a kid from Providence to be the emergency backup goalie. Nothing against Tuukka but he hasn't been in a goal for more than two years.


Yes, I will flip over to the Patriots / Steelers game periodically. I have no intention of watching a lot of the game since I can already tell you the outcome, if not the actual score.

Oh, what the hell, I'll take a shot at predicting the actual score: I think the Steelers will beat the Patriots 6-0.


In the world of baseball, history repeats itself...

Back in 2017, the New York Yankees acquired Giancarlo Stanton from the Marlins and the media loved it, writing stuff like, "No big leaguers hit the ball harder in 2017 than Stanton and Judge, and now the hulking power hitters will be part of the same lineup".

Yesterday, the New York Yankees acquired Juan Soto from the Padres and the media loves it, writing stuff like, "Juan Soto-Aaron Judge pairing brings back balance".

Look, I'm not sure the Yankees are good enough to play any better than they did last season. Judge is still Judge, Stanton is still Stanton and Boone is still the manager. Adding Verdugo and Soto certainly gives them some good players but they still need pitching and they still need fielding.

I won't be surprised if the Yankees win the 2024 world series but I will also not be surprised if they end up in last place in the division. There are a lot of really big egos in that clubhouse and when that happens, they usually start playing like a bunch of individuals instead of a team.

The one thing I do know about baseball is that baseball is a team sport.


I decided to check my internet speeds today:
The top is my speed when plugged directly into the router using an ethernet cable and the bottom is my speed when connected to the router via wi-fi.

Maybe I need to sit closer to my router...


Time for some dinner and then some hockey.

Here are some links:

No comments: