Friday, May 3, 2013

Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man....

....really freakin' tired in the afternoon.

I fell asleep at 8:45 last night and woke up at 3:30 this morning. By the time 4:00 rolled around, I was having a hard time keeping my eyes open. I felt like I was drunk driving home after work which kinda sucks because I didn't have the pleasant little buzz that goes along with being drunk, just the half-closed eyes and occasional head-snap..

*

I watched as much of the Red Sox as I could and I gotta tell you, I'm not entirely sold on Ryan Dempster. He pitched okay and kept the Blue Jays in check but they hit the ball. They hit it a lot. As a matter of fact, the Blue Jays hit the ball more than the Red Sox hit the ball. The only difference is that the Red Sox managed to get more guys to step on home plate, which, as we all know, is the only way to win a baseball game.

He seems like he's working very hard to be nonchalant about the whole, "Yea, I'm pitching in the big show. That's right, I'm cool" thing. He's got the Curt Schilling persona without the Curt Schilling control.

Hopefully his next outing, which will probably be next Tuesday against the Twins at home, will prove me wrong and he really can control the ball.

*

While I struggle to stay awake and watch some Red Sox, you can click on these links:

No comments: