Friday, May 17, 2013

White noise....

The company I work at has installed white noise generators to help minimize the constant din of conversation within the building. Unfortunately for me, the white noise is far more distracting than the conversations. They tell me that I will eventually get used to it and not even notice it there but I'm not sure about that. You see, I'm the kind of person that focuses on distracting noises.

If there is a dripping faucet, a ticking clock, a tapping foot or someone jingling coins in their pocket, that is all I will hear and I will begin to get irritated by it. I can't imagine that this white noise is going to be any different.

Sucks to be me. Thank goodness I have a MP3 player and a nice set of earphones.

*

Pat mentioned that he was taking today as a not-working day. Good for Pat.

It is my understanding the John might also be taking some much need not-working days. Good for John.

I'm thinking about taking some more not-working days in a few weeks.

Not-working days are the best kind of days.

*

Despite the fact I fell asleep during the seventh inning and I wasn't available to offer my sage coaching advice, the Red Sox kept on keeping on and beat the Rays 4-3 thanks to a three-run double from Will Middlebrooks in the ninth inning.

Despite my early support for Jose Iglesias as the short stop, I can't help but be very impressed by Steve Drew. The man started out on the DL and I had little or no faith in his ability but he has gone a long way in proving me wrong.

He can really play short stop and he plays it well. He can also hit the ball.

All I have to say is thank goodness Cherington didn't listen to me on this one. I was all set to trade him off and give the job to Iglesias.

I guess that's why Cherington is in charge of those kind of decisions and I'm not.

They are playing the Twins at 8:10 this evening which means I probably won't be able to stay awake to watch much past the fourth inning. Hopefully they manage to keep on keeping on without me and keep on winning.

*

You can try these links if you want:

No comments: