Thursday, May 16, 2013

I am not a small engine repair guy.


When I was a freshman in high school, I took a technical drawing class. It was a two semester course so it lasted the entire year. The first semester was spent learning about perspective, measurement  scale, etc... The second semester was all about surveying with a final project.

For my final project, I picked illustrating a Briggs & Stratton 4.5 hp engine. This meant I had to dismantle the engine, measure & draw each piece and then put it all back together. I was able to accomplish that in two weeks with three classes per week, one hour each class. In other words, it took me 6 hours to strip the engine, measure all the parts, draw them and put it all back together.

I got an A for the course.

Having said that, you would think that I might have some knowledge of small engines and even an understanding of how they work.

You would be wrong.

I tried to repair my push mower today by replacing all the filters and cleaning the carburetor  I had no problem replacing the air filter but replacing the fuel filter resulted in a nice little spillage of gasoline all over my garage floor.

And don't bother to ask about the carburetor cleaning because once I spilled the gas trying to replace the filter, I figured it would be best if I just skipped over the part where I removed the carburetor and cleaned it.

Bottom line is that I need to get my lawn mower over to a repair shop so someone who knows how to fix small engines can fix it.

*

The Red Sox managed to win last night and I like to think it was my yelling at them when I drove by Fenway the other day.

Hopefully they manage to win again tonight.

*

Try these links out for size:

No comments: