Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Busy day today

I actually spent time away from my house today.

My first stop on my venture was the Big Y grocery store in town to see if they had any toilet paper. Luck was with me and they had just unloaded a truck.

My next stop was our veterinarian. When we took The Dog in, my wife asked that he be cremated and she wanted his ashes. Those came in yesterday so I stopped to pick up the urn. They also gave us some molds of his pawprint. They are nice people, those Ludlow Animal Clinic people.

Finally, since I was able to find toilet paper at Big Y in Wilbraham, I figured I would stop at the Big Y in Ludlow just to see if they had any there. Luck was once again with me and there were three packages on the shelf.

For the record, I am not a hoarder. With our daughter heading home in a couple of weeks, our TP use will increase by roughly 33%. Also, my mother-in-law is going to need TP in the very near future.

I'm sure the four rolls we gave her three weeks ago are about gone.

After my successful venture, I returned home to deal with my daily online meeting schedule as well as my daily review of the latest governmental notices in the world of Information Security.

Then it was dinner and now it's baseball.


Here is today's grass growing update:
    No, there is no grass. What there is is some pretty evenly distributed seed.
    A quick inspection of the dried dirt shows that the seed is still fairly well distributed even though there are pockets of it in the footprints and ruts.
This has been today's grass growing update.


I wasn't going to say anything about this but the more I think about it, the more I feel like I need to say something...

I get it, you're unhappy with your decision to live in a big city.

Well I have six words for you: Shut up and get over it.

The truth is, no one wants anyone from New York City anywhere near them. Or any city for that matter.

All of us that chose to scratch out a living in the backwoods did so for the sole purpose of avoiding people you. You see, we don't like you.

It's not that we're overly worried about the virus, it's that we just don't like you. We don't want you around on a good day, never mind during a pandemic.


I'm watching a game from June 11, 2006 where the Red Sox hosted the Rangers.

While I watch that, you can check these out:

No comments: