Sunday, April 19, 2020

Shelf build continues

I have built the two sides to the second unit and added some extra support to the first unit. Now I am out of clamps.

Once the sides dry, I can release the clamps, add the shelves and clamp them in to place.

I still need to build a top shelf for each unit but I ran out of scrap plywood so I'll make the tops out of some particle board I have laying around. I'll just have to add some support under it because the one thing I know about particle board, it does not have a lot of strength. I'll also tell my wife and daughter that they should not put any heavy stuff on the top shelf.


We woke this morning to find that the owl was still resting on the branch it settled on yesterday. Mom showed up and fed it. By this afternoon, it was gone.

I suspect it decided that it was time to fly and headed out to settle its own territory. I'm betting mom is resting comfortably in her tree behind our house, thinking how nice it is to not have a hungry mouth to feed.


Time for today's grass growing update:
    Nope, no grass yet.
This has been todays grass growing update.


No baseball today but there was a hockey game.

It was the Bruins / Canucks Stanley Cup game 5 from 2011. I remember that game because I remember thinking to myself, "Why is everyone so enamoured with Tim Thomas? He's okay but he's not great." Then he made several miraculous saves and I said, "Oh, okay. That's why everyone is so enamoured with Tim Thomas."

Enjoy these links if you want.

Or not.

It's your choice...

No comments: