Sunday, April 5, 2020

I am trying, once again, to grow grass.

For the past 20 years, my backyard has belonged to my dogs. I never treated it with anything and the crabgrass took it over. Not to mention that Kirby was basically a poison dispenser. Nothing grew where he pee'd. And by nothing, I really mean nothing. The area right outside our back porch was his primary target and for the last 10 years, it's been a patch of rock-hard dirt.

Over the last two days, I dragged my dethatcher back and forth over the dead crabgrass and break up the dirt.

The routine was to drag the dethatcher then put the bags on the tractor and pick up whatever was loose.

Then I repeated that at least 5 more times.

This morning, I did a final drag & pickup and then threw down 40 pounds of grass seed. Once that was done, I set up my sprinklers and watered thoroughly.

Hopefully the grass grows and fills in before The Small Dog arrives home in May or June, depending on whether or not the testing center opens up and my daughter can take the vet exam.

Personally, I'm hoping she is home by May. The grass can deal with her little dog.

So anyways, tomorrow I'll start taking pictures of the yard and post a timelapse of the grass growing, if I can figure out how to turn a bunch of pictures into a time lapse movie.

I'm no Ken Burns...


Here are a few links for you to click on:

No comments: