Monday, April 20, 2020

Nice quiet day

I got some coding finished up and moved into what I call "production". It's pretty simple stuff - find everyone that has completed their annual training, create a completion certificate, send the certificate to HR. Find everyone that has not completed their required annual training and send them an email reminding them to take it.

Real simple stuff.


The shelves are 80% done.

Each shelf unit is going to have four shelves but since I ran out of plywood, I need to create the top shelf of each unit out of some pressboard. That will be this weekend's project.

As it stand right now, the shelves are sturdy and stable. And that, my friends, is all I ask of them. This is not "fine furniture", this is a basement storage solution so appearance is not at the top of the list of must-haves.

Besides, they are made out of scrap lumber.


Albert the owl is still with us. He is further back into the woods, residing on a tree that snapped in half during the October snowstorm. Trust me, that's much more stable platform for a bird of his size. Mom shows up several times a day and delivers him his meals.

Basically Albert is lounging around on a tree, pooping and squawking, while mom is doing all the work.

Kinda like a teenager...


Before we get to the links, I want to leave you with this screenshot:

In case you don't see it, that is a report showing that the price of a barrel of Brent Crude oil is -$25. That's negative twenty five dollars. Basically they are saying that if you would like a barrel of oil, they'll hand you $25.00 to take it off their hands.

If this is accurate (and according to all the news I read on this, it is), gasoline should be free.

Which is good because my retirement account ain't doing so well right now...


Today's baseball game is from April 20th, 1994 when the Athletics came to town to play the Red Sox. I believe NESN chose this game because it's one that Clemens pitched.

While I watch that, you can click these:

No comments: