Thursday, April 23, 2020

Don't be an ass.

When I was watching the news this morning, I notice that Big Y grocery store had announced that it was requiring all employees and shoppers to wear face masks.

For those of you that haven't been paying attention, the mask thing is not so you won't catch the Wuhan Boogaloo, it's so you won't give someone else the Wuhan Boogaloo.

So I went into my stash of crap and dug out two disposable dust masks from my supply and we were good to go.
We wore the masks not because we are worried about the 'rona but because if you don't do things that the experts claim will prevent this crap from getting worse, you are frightening people who are easily frightened.

I don't want to frighten people that are already frightened. It would be a shitty thing for me to do.


I got the following text from Verizon today:
It occured to me that I haven't used any cellular data this month because I'm at home, connected to my WiFi. This got me to thinking, "Huh. I wonder if any of my kids have used any data?" so I checked:

Nope, no one else on my plan has used any data either. Huh. That must mean I still have all 12g of my 12g plan:
Huh. 22 days into a 30 day billing cycle and we've used 0% of our cellular data.

So to recap, Verizon is giving me free cellular data during a time period that I am stuck at home, connected to wifi and using no cellular data whatsoever.

That's darned generous of them....


Today's baseball game is from September 10th, 1988 and I probably won't watch it. Watching a game from 1988 is not high on my list of things to watch today. I just don't feel like it. Besides, the History Channel is running an "America: Facts or Fiction" marathon.

While I find out what "facts" about American history are actually bullshit, you can click on these:

No comments: