Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Online meetings are interesting

And by "interesting", I mean boring and a little odd.


Time for today's grass growing update:
    So it looks like the heavy rains we had yesterday may have done some damage to my plan to grow grass. It looks like the seed was washed into pockets and low spots. At one point, I'm pretty sure there were several puddles at least 2 inches deep back there and when I looked today, those spots were loaded with grass seed.

    Also, in the middle of the storms, our power went out. Working from home means not having power was a problem, particularly for my wife, the professor. This meant I had to wheel my generator from the garage onto my back porch which took me through the mud that currently makes up my "backyard".

    I left several deep footprints and two deep gouges where the wheels from the generator went into the ground.
    My wife is attempting to make light of things by pointing out that the footprints and the two ruts will stand out because they are currently loaded with seed. She says they will look cool.

    She's trying to be nice and make me think things aren't as bad as they seem but I know better. Grass clumps shaped like footprints will look ridiculous.
This has been today's grass growing update.


Tonight's baseball game is from September 29th, 2005 between the Red Sox and the Blue Jays.

While I watch that baseball game and agonize over the catastrophe that is my backyard, you can click on these:

No comments: