Friday, April 24, 2020

Survival of the Fittest

Do you remember that scene in Terminator 2: Judgement Day where Sara Connor takes the prison psychiatrist hostage so she can escape from the prison?

You know the scene I'm talking about.

It's this one:

She fills a syringe with some kind of cleaning/disinfecting fluid and sticks it onto his neck. Then she tells the guard, "Open it or he'll be dead before he hits the floor!"

Yea, well that's kinda what our genius president just told everyone to do. Inject some lysol and you'll be cured!

I suppose that technically, he is correct. You can't have coronavirus if your dead...

By the way, the best statement in that article I just linked to is, “Don't take medical advice from Trump.” I would also like to point out that that statement also applies to his hydroxychloroquine bullshit.

The company that manufactures Lysol, Reckitt Benckiser, even went so far as to release a statement that contains the admonishment: "we must be clear that under no circumstance should our disinfectant products be administered into the human body".

So, in case any of you were thinking about taking our presidents advice, let me be the first to say to you, "Well, it's been nice knowing you. Enjoy your extremely painful death. Thanks for killing yourself and increasing the overall intellectual level of our society!"

Speaking of politics and coronavirus, I've decided that if Bill Gates decides to run for president, I'll vote for him. In my opinion, he has been a voice of reason in this shitshow.

Not that Gates isn't erring on the side of caution, he most certainly is. He'll be the first to tell you that things are looking grim and we need to move slowly. My concern with Trump is that he is inconsistently jumping on every willy-nilly bandwagon that comes along and he is getting his advice from people that I know are not qualified to make make any statements at all about humanity and its health.

At least Gates is listening to medical experts. Trump seems to be listening to nutcases.


Time for today's grass growing update:
    The grass is growing. Some areas are still barren but most of the backyard is showing signs of green. I'm really hoping the green I'm seeing is Kentucky Blue Grass and not New England Crab Grass...
This has been today's grass growing update.


Today's baseball game is from 1991 and I can guarantee you that I did not watch this particular game. The Red Sox were in Oakland to play the Athletics and it was a night game that started at 7:00pm. That would be 10:00pm eastern time. There is no way I was awake at 10:00pm on a Monday night.

Here are a few links that you might find interesting:

No comments: