Friday, August 21, 2020

Severe drought.

My lawn is dead and this is why:

I live in the darker tan / brown colored swath that the legend calls "02 Severe Drought".


I'm sure Sister Mary Caritas is a wonderful human being and possibly even eligible for sainthood but after seeing the two or three commercials she made for Richie Neal being played over and over and over again, I'm done listening to her.

In 1980, I was at a party at my best friends house and Wimbeldon was on the TV. I was sitting on the couch with Congressman Ed Boland, who lived next door to my friend. We started talking about the tennis match, the neighborhood and Springfield in general.

At some point, a quick news promo came on that mentioned the mayor of Springfield, Richie Neal, and Congressman Boland said, "He's got his work cut out for him. This city is going downhill faster than they can keep up. He's doing a good job." My reply to him was, "I'm not a fan of Richie Neal and since I don't live in Springfield, he has no impact on me."

The Congressman looked at me and said, "Well, he's probably going to run for my job when I retire and he'll win. Then he'll have an impact on you. Now let's have another beer."

Turns out the Congressman was right. Not because he was good at predicting the future. He was right because he ordained Richie Neal to be our congressman.

Ed Boland had been grooming Richie Neal to take over the job of congressman and despite the fact that I thought Ed Boland was a good congressman, I have never voted for Richie Neal. For 32 years, he has been on the ballot and I have always voted for the other guy. If there was no "other guy", I wrote my own name in.

I dislike Richie Neal immensely and those damned commercials telling us how he's "a common man, a good man, a man of the people" are bullshit. He is an arrogant millionaire who made his money off the donations of huge companies. That means he is owned by those companies. They tell him what to do and he does it. The only time he pretends to be concerned about us is if it means he can trash Trump. We're nothing more than a tool he uses to harass Trump.

Sister Caritas should be ashamed of herself for lying to us like that.


The Red Sox have a winning streak of two games!

I made it to the eighth inning last night before falling asleep. The Red Sox were up 3-1 and I kind of expected to wake up this morning to find that they lost it in the ninth. But they didn't. As a amatter of fact, they turned it on and ended up scoring four more runs, making the final score 7-1 and giving Evoldi another win.

As for the Bruins, turns out I am wrong about who they will play. The Islanders took their series against the Capitals but that's not who the Bruins will play. The NHL is going to reseed the teams after this first round is done.

The Bruins could end up playing the Phillies, the Canadiens, the Islanders or the Lightning. The Phillies currently lead the Canadiens 3 games to 2 in their series and as soon as that series is done, the league will reseed and we'll know who the Bruins will be facing.


While I watch baseball, you can click these.

Or not.

Your call...

No comments: