Monday, August 24, 2020

The Bruins are on a roll.

As predicted, I made it through 2 periods last night and when I fell asleep, the Bruins were up 2-0 over the Lightning. When I awoke this morning, I was please to learn that while the Lightning scored twice in the third period, the Bruins scored one more goal and they won the game 3-2.

Taking the first game of any series is always important because it puts the other team into a place it has to climb up from. The Lightning are behind now and the best they can hope for in their next game is to tie the series.

The Bruins, however, can look forward to either a tied series or a two-game lead. That is a far better position to be in.

Their next game is tomorrow at the far more sane hour of 7:00. I'm kinda hoping to watch all three periods of that game.


I have been trying very hard to avoid politics. I kinda snapped a bit the other day over the deluge a Richie Neal commercials but other than that, I have been staying as far away as possible from politics.

Having said that, let me just now say:

I would like a decent human being with a modicum of intelligance and a dash of common sense to please run for office.

I don't think it's too much to ask for. Can we please get someone to run for office who isn't a single-minded idiot with some "great idea for the future" and who is convinced that anyone who doesn't think like them is evil. Can we please have someone run for office who is worried about taking care of the here-and-now because to be honest with you, we're not in the best of shape right now and we could use someone who can maybe correct things a bit.

Basically I'm looking a functional adult.


No baseball and no hockey tonight. Guess I'll have to watch some DVRs.

Here are a few links for you:

No comments: