Monday, August 17, 2020

Tightening up our security

A few years ago I installed a doggie door in one of our porch screens and it's been a huge success. The dog goes in & out with no issues and the bugs are kept to a minimum.

Well, now we have two highly energetic and adventurous cats...

My wife expressed concerns that the cats would easily push the dog door open and flee into the woods, never to be seen again. This meant I needed to somehow add an additional level of security to the door or take it out entirely.

I should note that the primary reason the for the dog door was because the dog was running through the screens. That means removing the door isn't an option.

My daughter and I came up with a plan to add some additional magnets to the door and as I type this, I'm waiting for some glue to dry so I can attach the new magnets. I already tried them and they work fine but they are so strong they pulled the metal plate off the plastic door frame. I've glued some wood into the frame and once the glue dries, I can adhere and screw the metal plate onto the wood. That should hopefully be enough to secure it to the frame.

The only other option is to not let the cats out onto the porch and I don't think thats a very good option at all. The cat's seem to like it on the porch.


Guess who got covid tested today!

In order to go back onto campus once things start b ack up, we all have to get tested and today was my day. I'll know tomorrow if I am covid-free.

Or not.

I figure I've got just as good a chance of have a false negative or a false positive as I do having a true result. These tests aren't known for their accuracy...


They who shall not be mentioned are on at 7:00 and the Bruins are on at 8:00. I'm pretty sure I won't be awake long enough see the end of either game so It really doesn't matter which one I watch.

While I figure out what I'm doing this evening for my entertainment, you can figure these out:

No comments: