Wednesday, August 26, 2020

The opposite of what I expected.

I expected the Red Sox to lose and the Bruins to win. Instead, the Red Sox won and the Bruins lost.


After being behind through five innings, the Red Sox bat's came to life last night and they managed to overtake the Blue Jays in the sixth. And the most amazing thing is that they held on to that lead through the next three innings and won the game 9-7.

While I think all games are fun games to watch, this one was particularly fun because they played pretty darned well.

Hopefully they still have some life left in their bats for this evening's game. I would enjoy watching them win again.


As for the Bruins and the Lightning, each team scored in each period and the third period ended in a 3-3 tie. This put the into a sudden-death overtime and the Lightning happened to score the winning goal.

The series is now tied 1-1 and they will face off again this evening.


I am trying an experiment.

I discovered today that my telephone provider, Spectrum, offers free NoMoRobo so I signed up for it.

We get between 5 and 20 robocalls a day on our landline and it's gotten to the point where we don't even answer it anymore. The only reason we keep it is because everyone we currently do business with has that number as our contact information. Also, whenever someone asks for my phone number, that's the one I give them. I'll be damned if I'm going to give them my cell phone number. There are very few people/businesses that have my cell number and I'm keeping it that way.

So anyways, I'll let you know how it goes.

If the number of robocalls drops significantly, I'll be happy. If it turns out they are blocking legitimate phone calls, I might not care anyways because I don't really like talking on the phone in the first place...


My plan for this evening is to once again engage my Picture-in-a-Picture technology and enjoy both baseball and hockey.

I you don't have any plans, you could always click on these:

No comments: