Sunday, September 20, 2020

Are we done talking about Kobe Bryant yet?

The reason I ask is because Ruth Bader Ginsburg died and the news is going to talk about her for the next year. I just want to know if we're going to have to listen to stories/tributes/references to both of them or will they only be expounding about her every night for the next 300 nights...

What is it about some people dying but not others?

When Michael Jackson killed himself, the media talked about him for a full year but when Robin Williams killed himself, they only talked about him for a month or so.

Kobe Bryant died in a helicopter crash back in January and they are still talking about him yet when Roy Halladay died in a plane crash, they only mentioned him for a day or two.


Things I'm adding to my list of great ideas I've had that turned out to be really bad:
    The Corned Beef Quesadilla
I took two soft tortillas, four slices of corned beef, four slices of swiss cheese and a little 1000 Island Dressing. After grilling, the tortilla shell was nice and crispy with a light brown color. the swiss cheese was melted to the point it was almost a liquid and the corned beef was steaming hot.

Then the fat from the corned beef, the oil from the swiss cheese and the liquid from the 1000 Island Dressing combined to pretty much turn that crispy tortilla shell into something with the consistency of wet toilet paper. When I picked it up to take a bite, I ended up with swiss cheese & 1000 Island dripping into my sleeve and the corned beef sliding onto the plate in slow motion, like something out of a 1950's sci-fi movie.

It sounded great and it tasted great but trust me, it was a bad idea.


Speaking of things that I'm getting sick and tired of listening to, we only have 44 more days until election day. That means we only have to listen to those annoying political ads for 44 more days.

I will be glad when they stop running those commercial's but the most annoying thing about the political season is always the phone calls.

With that in mind, I'm going to say something important right now so pay attention:
    Sign up for NoMoRobo.
I have not received a single bulshit phone call, including those idiotic political phone calls asking me to vote for so-and-so, since I signed up

You should sign up for NoMoRobo.


Well, the Red Sox managed to finally beat the Yankees this afternoon. And despite the fact it has no bearing on anything in this insane baseball season, it was nice to see.

As for other sports, the Patriots are in Seattle to play the Seahawks at 8:20 tonight and I'm hoping to watch at least half the game before falling asleep on my couch.

While I do that, you can do these:


No comments: