Thursday, September 3, 2020

It's time to go out for lunch

I need to get in touch with the ROMEO's (Retired Old Men Eating Out) and do a lunch soon. We haven't gotten together since February and now that the restaurants are open, we should probably help the economy out by spending some of our hard earned dollars..

We'll see how everyone feels about things next week and if they are all in agreement, we'll schedule something


Speaking of scheduling things, I scheduled an hour with my flight instructor tomorrow afternoon.

I have not been up flying since May and I have no intention of going up by myself. Besides, I'm learning how to fly complex aircraft and I need at least 10 hours before I'll feel comfortable flying one of those. Not only are there extra tasks to do like landing gear and manifold pressure regulation, they are fast so they can get ahead of you. I've heard stories of students being so far behind the plane that when they reach their destination, they have to circle for several minutes to do things like descend and slow down.

I'm a big fan of being ahead of the plane, not the other way around.


Yes, I watched the Red Sox lose again last night and Yes, I will watch them again tonight.

I'm hoping to see them win a game or two before the season end in four weeks.


While I fall asleep watching the ball game, you can visit these:

No comments: