Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Well, so much for hockey.

The Bruins got eliminated last night when they lost to the Lightning in the second overtime period.

It sucks they lost but too be honest with you, they weren't playing all that well. They won the first game and then proceeded to lose the next four. That is not the sign of a championship team.

As for the Red Sox, they' aren't playing championship caliber baseball either. They lost to the Braves 6-3 last night and they also had to place one of their relievers on the DL (Yes, I know we're supposed to call it the Injured List and not the Disabled List. I don't care. My whole life it was called the DL and that's what I call it.)

We'll see what tonight brings but I don't have any high hopes. As of right now, they have 7 players either on the DL or listed as Day-To-Day: Four starting pitchers (Sale, Rodriguez, Evoldi and Perez), one reliever (Hernandez) and two fielders (Benintendi and Martinez). That's a lot of important players sitting in the stands watching the game.

They did bring up two more guys from the minors: a pitcher and 2nd baseman. Maybe they'll bring some much needed energy to the team and they'll win a few games.


Found this picture the other day and I thought it was quite humorous.


Time to make some dinner and then watch some baseball.

While I enjoy myself doing that, you can enjoy yourself doing these:

No comments: