Friday, September 25, 2020

Let's chat about yesterday

I went on to campus yesterday to get my laptop synched back up with the network. I also went on campus to check in with some of my coworkers that I haven't seen in a while.

One of the folks that I haven't seen in a while is our department admin assistant, Gail. We chatted for a bit, catching up on what's new in our lives and then she said something about my boss moving into my office. I thought that was a great idea and I said, "Well, I talked to him about the lack of use my office was getting and how I could probably just continue working from home." She expressed a little jealousy but said, "Can I have your key so I don't have to beg for a second one?"

So basically, I took the gear and the few personal items out of the office, gave her my key, went home and set up my office in one of our spare rooms. I'll go on campus once a week just to stay in touch and that will only be for an hour or two.

Despite my initial discomfort of working from home, I've decided it's perfect for me. I'm getting just as much done remotely plus the lack of drive-time is freeing up an hour of my day. Going on to the campus periodically keeps my in touch with my coworkers and gets me out of the house.

This is going to work out pretty damned well.


The Red Sox are done playing at Fenway for the season. Their final three games are in Atlanta against the Braves.

It has been an incredibly crappy season but still fun to watch. I'm really hoping they make some decent moves over the winter and come back next year with a winning team


Well, it's 5:00 pm and we just lost power. It's looking like we won't get it back until 7:00 or so. That means I'm connected to the interwebs over my cell phone and this is going to be a very short post.


I'll add some links once I get actual National Grid electricity and the internet back.


Update at 7:30.

I decided to fire up the generator. It's running now but I'm kind of hoping the power comes back on soon.

Fortunately my cable/internet is up so I can webernize and watch the Red Sox game.

While I watch baseball, you can check these out:

No comments: